Thursday, November 26, 2009

A terracotta dress


(Landsdowne back in the day)

I found a love at last. At a bus stop late and lit by the crimson tones of a whites good store behind me. I found a love while on the door step there, waiting for a bus or a man, a man or a bus. My love came by; he stopped and I think his world was turning. The Landsdowne closed and left his world spinning a bourbon whirl, and his sight fell into my lap.I laughed.
" Too pretty for a place like this"
Yes Yes
"I'm drunk, but friendly"
I know, I know.
He sat. He wasn't a bus but he was the next best thing with honest, drunk brown eyes.
And with minutes to spare he crammed my head with stories, stuffed to the full. A building, bare boned, his home half built, his girlfriend half gone, his drinking half too much of the hard stuff.

The bus turned the corner, I jumped up from habit, from hurry, from the harass, and left with half as much as I wanted to push into his mind.

A terracotta dress he said. It is not orange it is terracotta. Only honest men know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment