Friday, November 13, 2009

I came out red and the sky came out blue


I've packed my suitcase and moved over into a new blog town. easy, pretty, accessible.
To commemorate...more poetry.

I came out red and sky came out blue

The storm kicked in late
got me up and out of stagnant room
you move ahead of this and already I'm outshone
by the hazy moon.

Summer's first heated fight:
I came out red and the sky came out blue
and everything sits a little longer
tastes a little stronger
on these warm afternoons.

Listened through the fan
to people changing hands
preparing hearts, preparing plans
for summer
for the possibles and probables of summer rolling round
the bottom of our glasses
bright and formless
chores are pointless in the prospects
of tire tracks, trees in theme songs
and throngs of colours
shady plans
half-dreamt, half-believed
half remembered from an early, dust reprieve

No comments:

Post a Comment